Online Registration is open until Midnight on March 28.
Hardcopy Registration is open until 5pm on Race Day – YES, you can register on race day!
Hilton Head Island’s ONLY beer running event – for those runners that want a slightly different challenge to their normal run – or, for those beer lovers that may have a running problem. Whatever motivates you – come out and see how fast you can run 1 MILE and drink 4 BEERS (or, come out and see what someone looks like when running after 4 beers).
This event benefits the MICHAEL J. FOX FOUNDATION (501c non-profit for Parkinson’s Research).
WHAT: The BEER Mile
(Format – drink one 12oz beer then run 1/4 mile – repeat 4 times)
WHERE: Tiki Hut (@ the Beach House Inn) – Coligny Beach, HHI
WHEN: Friday, March 29 – 2019 – 5:30pm Start Time
WHY: Running without drinking is just too easy (not)!
HOW: Entry Fee $30 Indiv. / $45 Team (includes 4 beers & T-shirt)
WHO: Individuals and Teams (2 ppl) – Anyone 21yrs or older – STRICTLY ENFORCED
BIG THANK YOU to River Dog Brewing Co. for signing on as the Official Beer Company for the Hilton Head BEER Mile. We will be serving their Riverwalk Empire Pilsner (5.6% ABV) – Riverwalk Empire is a light, refreshing, & snappy Pilsner that’s the perfect complement to life here in the Lowcountry. Expect really clean cereal-like notes, rustic hop flavor, and a clean finish. You’ll feel like a million bucks after one or two (or four!) of these puppies!
RULES to get in the game
1. You MUST be 21 years or older to participate.
2. You MUST provide for and name a designated driver that is responsible for transporting you after the event.
RULES of the competition
(*Note: Race Officials may take liberty to modify below rules based on our unique location).
1. Individual: Each competitor drinks four cans (or bottles) of beer and runs four laps of the 1/4 mi course.
Start – beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap – Finish
Team: Each competitor drinks 2 beers and runs two laps.
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area. (The 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.)
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone. This ensures the competitors run a complete mile.
4. Competitors must drink cans or bottles of beer and the contents will be no less than 12oz. Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 12 oz (355 ml) in volume.
5. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. “Super mega mouth cans” or “vortex bottles” and other such containers are prohibited.
6. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner. No shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.
7. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops.
8. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
9. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race. Immediately after the completion of their 4th lap.