90 days or less = 95% Refund
60 days or less = 75% Refund
30 days or less = 50% Refund
7 days or less = No Refunds
WOW YOU DOWN TO YOUR TOES
We are looking to wow you down to your toes with our inaugural race on Hilton Head Island. We’ve got the races, we’ve got the bling-bling, we’ve got the post race party (complete with two yoga sessions!), and mother nature is bringing her Island beauty. It’ll all be waiting for you here at the WMNRUN Hilton Head Island.
Come run on Hilton Head Island! Read what others are raving about this special destination:
- Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Best Island 2018 – Third Year in a Row.
- Hilton Head Island Voted “#1 Island in the Continental U.S.” in Travel+Leisure Magazine’s 2018 World’s Best Awards
- Hilton Head Island Claims “South’s Best Beach 2018” from the Readers of Southern Living Magazine
- Hilton Head Island voted Southern Living Magazine’s 2019 South’s Best Beach Town
- Hilton Head Island Named “America’s Best Island” by Travel Pulse
Read more raves… https://www.hiltonheadisland.org/our-island/awards
WHAT MAKES RUNNING WMNRUN SPECIAL
- Women Only – the WMNRUN races are designed with the female athlete at heart. Envision bonding experiences with other women athletes while celebrating fitness in a most beautiful environment. Then, partying with drinks, food, music, and yoga.
- Run America’s #1 Beach – all races are run entirely on the HARD + FLAT + WIDE beach at low tide – just after sunrise. The Island’s natural beauty will wow you down to your toes.
- Another Mother Runner – the online and in-person community for women runners – Another Mother Runner – is helping orchestrate the event.
Check out Another Mother Runner.
- Green Event – the Hilton Head Island race will not use cups or paper on the all-beach race course. We encourage all runners to carry a hydration bottle and use our hydration stations to fill their drink on the run.
- Virtual Event – We are excited to offer our virtual option. The Virtual race participants may complete the race at any time during the month of February – and, we will mail you your custom race packet with all the same bling-bling as if you were here with us.
- Bling-Bling – Beautiful custom t-shirts, custom finisher medals for participants of all race distances, custom pint glass, Nuun hydration tablets, and other swag.
- Giving Back – We partner with a non-profit(s) that focuses on women’s issues. A portion of our profits go to helping these charities and support their cause. 2020 Partner to be announced soon.
WMNRUN HILTON HEAD FEATURES
- Run Distances – Half, Relay, Quarter & 5K
All races are on the HARD + FLAT beach. Hilton Head beaches are world renown for being hard, flat, and wide! You’ll have a smooth surface to blaze your trail alongside the peaceful Atlantic Ocean. And, don’t be surprised if dolphin appear not far from shore – they like to swim along with runners.
- Post Race Party – We’re throwing a badass party on the beach in front of the Tiki Hut on Hilton Head. Look forward to food, drinks, music, games, and recovery yoga. Plan on hanging around with your friends (old and new!) to share race reports and have a fun time.
- Race Bling-Bling – Every participant gets a beautiful custom T-shirt + custom finisher medal, a custom pint glass, Nuun Sport hydration tablets, and other great swag.
- Yoga – We’ll have two sessions of Sunday Recovery Yoga for all participants – also on the beach.
- Natural Beauty – Hilton Head Island offers a bounty of natural beauty: remarkable sunrises, beautiful beaches, flora and fauna unique to the South Carolina Lowcountry – you might never want to leave.
- Fun – WMNRUN race organizers realize enjoyment is often on equal footing with performance, so expect to have a good time all around.
SATURDAY – February 29
Location: Beach House Resort – Hilton Head Island
3p – 7p | Packet Pickup & Late Registration – @ Sand Room
3p | Another Mother Runner Expert Talk #1 – Nutrition – Ticket Required – @ Sky Room
4p | Another Mother Runner Expert Talk #2 – Sports Psychologist -Ticket Required – @ Sky Room
5:30p | Race Briefing and Q&A – @ Sky Room
7p | Packet Pickup and Late Registration Closes
SUNDAY – March 1
Location: Beach House Resort (beachfront @ the Tiki Hut) – Hilton Head Island
6a | Late Packet Pickup @ Sand Room
7a | Start – Half and Relay @ Tiki Hut
7:15a | Start – Quarter @ Tiki Hut
7:30a | Start – 5K @ Tiki Hut
8a | Post Race Party Kicks Off – Participants, Family, Friends – @ Tiki Hut
9a | Recovery Yoga – Participants – @ (Beach front) Tiki Hut
11a | Recovery Yoga – Participants – @ (Beach front) Tiki Hut
12p | Post Race Party Ends
REGISTRATION INFO & FEES
Each registration includes:
- Custom race T-shirt (to be unveiled later this Spring) – Note: please select your normal T-shirt size because the race T-shirts are a women’s cut tri-blend lifestyle tee and they run true to size with a gracious cut.
- Custom finisher race medals
- Custom pint glass
- Nuun hydration tablets
- Race nutrition (on course)
- Entry to the Post Race Party with complimentary food, drink, music, games, and recovery yoga
- Other amazing swag
RULES TO REGISTRATION
- WMNRUN Hilton Head Island is open to ALL runners and walkers.
- Participants running the Half Marathon must be at least 15 years old.
- There is a 5 hour cut off for the Half Marathon.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No race-day registration.
Host Resort – The Beach House. Imagine basically rolling out of bed to get to the start line–and using your own bathroom before heading there! Also, staying at the Beach House means you can take a post-race shower in your room before returning to the beach to partake in the party. This is why we encourage you to stay at our Host Hotel – the Beach House Resort. Park your car and relax knowing that everything you need for the races is right there. Plus, staying oceanfront on Hilton Head is like the cherry on the top of any awesome race weekend.
Special Rate – use booking code RUN to receive the special rate of $169 (one King bed -or- two Queen beds).
- Call 855-433-0341 to make reservations.
- Online booking link – https://www.beachhousehhi.com/group-blocks/
When using the above link:
1. Select BOOK NOW in the upper right corner
2. Enter the group code of RUN then arrival and departure dates
3. Select CHECK AVAILABILITY
2020 Partner to be announced soon.
Description – The WMNRUN Hilton Head Island races promise the best that Hilton Head has to offer when it comes to running. You’ll be running on America’s #1 beach (HARD + FLAT + WIDE) with ideal Spring temperatures. Our early start means the magnificent sunrise will greet you when you get to the start line – and, the dolphins will guide you as you run along the beach course.
Start – All races start at the Beach House Resort (beach front @ Tiki Hut). All runners and walkers will take out on the beach for a course that heads north – then south (past the start) – continue South – then North again to the finish.
Aid stations – We’ll have aid stations on the course for all distances. Aid stations will provide Nuun Sport hydration fluid, and energy gels (Half Marathon) as well as lots of support.
Finish – All races finish at the Beach House Resort (beach front @ Tiki Hut). The oceanfront post race party will have food, drinks, music, games, and recovery yoga. So, plan on hanging around and having fun with your friends.
There is a 5-hour course limit to complete the Half Marathon.
Average Race Day Temperatures:
High 69 F – Low 49 F
We encourage you to pick up your packet on Saturday. You may have someone else pick up your packet if necessary. Please bring your registration confirmation email with you if possible – although this is not mandatory.
Race T-shirts are picked up with your race packet. If you want to exchange sizes, please do so at time of packet pickup, or you may exchange on race day at the designated tent. Exchanges will be based on availability only, are not guaranteed and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Participants are able to drop a gear bag at the designated tent before the races – to be picked up immediately following your race. Please do not pack any valuables – we will watch your bag, but we will not be responsible for anything that is lost or stolen. Race bags that are dropped at the tent will not be held past 12p.
Awards will be given to – Female Top 3 Overall; Top 1 Female in Age Divisions: 19-Under; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-Over
We expect the awards ceremony to begin ~ 11am @ the Tiki Hut.
Award winners must be present to receive their award – awards are not mailed.
Looking for a great training program to get you ready for the WMNRUN Hilton Head Island race? Another Mother Runner has options for the 5K, Half-Marathon, and Relay distances over in the Train Like A Mother Club. Supporting you from the first step to the finish line, these comprehensive programs go way beyond the PDF—they include integration with Training Peaks; private Facebook + Strava groups; accessible, expert guidance and weekly Q+A sessions with the Coach; a swag bag with over $25 worth of our favorite gear; strength videos; weekly newsletters, and more!
Use code WMNRUNHHI for 15% off your plan and get ready to start training like a #MotherRunner* – Check it out!
(This code is only valid for 5K, Half Marathon, and Relay Programs)
If the weather threatens the safety of our participants, volunteers, or staff we will consider the option to postpone the race for a reasonable amount of time and resume the race schedule when safety is ensured. Any decision to change the start time is a race-day decision and made with the interest of our participants, volunteers, and staff at heart.
Go Tri Events is a sports management company on Hilton Head Island. We are a RRCA Certified Race Director with 17 years experience producing events. Learn more about us and what we do here – http://www.gotrievents.com.