We are looking forward to seeing you and your child on Saturday morning. We hope you are as excited as us and ready to have a lot of fun while tackling this triathlon challenge.
1. Race starts at 9am – so we suggest getting to the race site (Island Recreation Center) no later than 8:15. Your child will need to check in; pick up t-shirt & swim cap; get body marked; rack his/her bike; and be present for the pre-race meeting at 8:45am.
2. Parking – parking is available in the parking lot adjacent to the Rec Center (but, remember that if you park there you will not be able to leave unti the race is completely over ~ 10am). If you need to leave before 10am – we suggest parking at the Creative Arts elementary school and walking down the leisure path (one block) to the Rec Center.
3. Bike maintenance – We will have bike support from the Bike Dr. bike shop on hand for last minute bike maintenance
4. Bike helmets are mandatory
5. Race information may be found on the event website – https://www.gotrievents.com/event/td-bank-kids-triathlon-1/
6. Please forward any pictures you take of the event to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we never have the time to document the race – thank you.
7. Parents – please be ready for a slight change in the layout of the transition area. Given the construction at the Rec Center, we are limited in the area we have to use for the transition area – and thus we have had to move the bike racks and finish arch to the road. All this means less room to maneuver around. If you are new to this event then you won’t know any difference – but for those returning for more KID fun – be ready for this change. Thank You!
Finishers medal (to wear around the rest of the day)
Post race refreshments
EQUIPMENT NOT PROVIDED
Swim goggles (optional)
Swim suit (mandatory)
Water bottle (optional)
Run shoes (kinda necessary – but not mandatory)
Thank you in advance for making this a great annual event.
Proceeds from this event go to benefit the Island Rec Center, H2A Swim Club and Go Tri Gives.
See you Saturday morning,
Alfred | Team @ Go Tri Events